Team-Up Cards: In-game value

General Discussion about all Heroclix related topics.

Team-Up Cards: In-game value

Postby RobEng » Sat May 28, 2022 8:39 am

I have been recently bumped up acquisition of Team-Up cards and am feeling a little guilty if they bring too much to a game at the low cost of just building a (sometimes) narrow theme team. Yes, some of them have very low effectiveness (HoX020.04 Marvel Girl: boost when attacking Mind Controllers) but others I think are quite good. Effectiveness aside, they are essentially a revamp of ATAs but ATAs had a small point cost to them that multiplied with larger teams.

As a player who loves theme teams and comic-accurate teams, the Team-Up cards are right up my alley but I feel like I am bringing in extra team value at no cost. Sideline Active mechanic similar but I haven't thought as much about them.

How do you feel about Team-Up cards?
RobEng

Re: Team-Up Cards: In-game value

Postby JoePanc » Mon May 30, 2022 10:06 pm

I feel like they are going through the old ping pong balancing that old mechanics (like Resources) went through. The JLU TUCs were too specific (in an attempt to create collectibility). The HoX were starting to properly zoom in on cost versus utility.

I think the F4 SOP cards are pretty nice. Their "cost" comes in the form of forcing a specific build and eliminating duplicate copies of figures (which we see a lot of on competitive teams).

A lot of the effects are lost if you KO the figure with the TUC, as well. Which is another balancing draw back to them.

I like them, but I think they should be more limited in production.
JoePanc
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion